Monday, April 2, 2012

Thrift Store Finds

Saturday was a lot of fun! We discovered some new thrift stores but didn’t find much. I did take some pictures of quite of few things that I wanted but didn’t buy. First the two things I did buy:
A super fun handmade plate from Australia for a $1.

It’s hard to tell but the white area in the middle is like pressed with lace. It’s very pretty
I’m from middle California (Fresno) and spent a ton of time growing up at Yosemite. I picked up this Ansel Adams print of Half Dome and the Merced River for the guest room.  
Fun fact in elementary school I did a report on John Muir; he helped save Yosemite and was a very big advocate for preserving forests in the US. Anyways I became slightly obsessed and read everything I could about him. He was an amazing adventurist.
And that’s all I bought. But two good purchases are better than a bunch of stuff I don’t need. Here’s a few things that caught my eye though
I really wanted this! I could see it painted and used as a coffee table in the family room. But I believe it was $70.00 and in rough shape.
Oh this matching set of chairs! Painted white and recovered in a fun fabric! They were $69.99 each.


This desk was just neat, nothing I needed but it completely folded into its self. 

And another chair, I like that is was low profile but one of the arms was broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment