Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankfulness

I am so excited tomorrow is Thanksgiving! One of my favorite holidays! I am cooking and hosting, even though I tried to give it away this year. Cleaning, cooking, and cleaning again at almost 7 months pregnant sounded like hell. And it still kind of does, but I have the added bonus of everyone coming to me, Layla’s in her comfort zone and I really do like entertaining.

Yesterday I volunteered to sign in low income families to receive a free Thanksgiving dinner, Tom’s Turkey Drive. What an eye opener... I had no idea of the poverty in my county. It was surprising and so humbling. Everyone was so nice and polite even after standing in line forever in the rain! I helped from 11:30am-4pm and probably signed in close to a 100 people. And that was just me! When I left for the day they had given out close to 4,000 dinners and were expecting another rush after 5pm. It was a great cause and I am so happy to be part of it.

I try to always be thankful for what I have but yesterday made me realize I have a lot more then I thought. So thankful to have a warm and loving home to raise my daughter and son in.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment