Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Easy Gift!

We have a ton of friends! Ha! That sounds funny. As much as we would love to get everyone a present for Christmas, it's just not going to happen. I saw this recipe for Infused Vodka last year in Real Simple. I adapted it just a little and added sugar to the fruit before I add it to the vodka.

Total time: 5 minutes (plus 1 week for infusing)
What You Need:

1 liter vodka (I make a lot so I use a half gallon)

Flavorings, such as 1½ cups fresh pineapple chunks, 4 vanilla beans, or 3 halved and seeded jalapeƱos ( I always go the fruit route, this year was Blueberry/Blackberry)

Glass bottles with tight seals
This is the hardest part of the project, finding bottles. Michael's has some small bottles for a $1.00 each. This year I went with something like these:

I know I won't completely fill the bottles but I got them at the Dollar Store and know all my friends will reuse them. It's like 2 gifts in 1!
What to Do

1. Divide the vodka and desired flavorings among the bottles. ( I make it in 1 large pitcher and remove the fruit or add in's before giving as gifts)

2. Refrigerate until the vodka reaches the desired level of infusion, at least 3 days and up to 1 week. Remove the flavorings after 1 week or instruct the recipient to do so. Keep refrigerated for up to 2 months.

So Simple! Or Real Simple...

Let me know if you try It and what flavor you used!

No comments:

Post a Comment